Monday, August 27, 2007

Was today really Day One? I'd better hurry up and figure something out before this day is over! A 40 day spiritual quest sounded so exciting - but now I'm not sure what that looks like for me.
I really liked what my friend Tanya wrote..that during the next 40 days her intention is to bring balance to her life.....so I worked out today (which was good) and then ate a chocolate cookie (which was bad) I prayed while driving to work this morning (pretty good) and then screamed at a stupid driver while exiting the freeway(not so good)..is that balance?

Argh! Why can't I disappear to a beautiful retreat center and listen to the birds, and the wind in the trees as I contemplate intimacy with God. I suck :(

3 comments:

tanya said...

This should probably scare you to death, but you remind me of me. We do so put things into the "all or nothing" category don't we.

I need to argue two points with you. First of all I don't think chocolate cookies should ever be labeled as bad. Eating a whole bag of them at once may be, but the cookie itself is never bad:)

Secondly - You do not suck. You are real - which means you have all of the good, bad and ugly. In truth it means you are the total package;)

It made me happy to have you call me a friend and I am glad we can figure out this quest thing together.

Amy said...

I like what you wrote, Kate! And I like Tanya's response.

Balance...where does it end? I tend to berate my shortfallings and not give credit to the things I do right. I live in judgement of myself and tend not to allow God's mercy a foothold in my view of myself. Meaning, I also tend to think God thinks of me like I think of myself.

Hmmm...makes you think...or maybe this is all too much thinking for me. ;-)

Robyn "The Wonder" Lorenz said...

Let' see I eat chocolate chip cookies every day all day long. And I introduced my own children to the word "stupid" because of my own driving rage. Plus, today I think I wore dirty undies on accident. But I am Wonder Woman and you are SuperGirl, and together we kick some major butt. Oh and the next time you drive with me will make you feel like you are a really good person...WAHOOOOOOOO