Saturday, July 28, 2007

So, here we are four months later - in the middle of a huge thunder storm no less.

I haven't visited my blog for months, so it feels quite odd to read the 'about me' piece, and my two previous posts. I made some changes to the 'about me' bit too. That felt even weirder.

Life has changed quite significantly since my last post and there is a part of me that just wants to delete this blog entirely and create a new one. Wouldn't that be great - when life gets tough - delete - new blog please :)

Life is messy and painful at the moment. My emotions are all over the place. I have trouble finding any kind of emotional bearings, because the things that I've always used to navigate are gone.

So what about God you may be asking...good question. I understand that it's while camping out in the proverbial valley that God shows up with a flashlight and cup of tea, but I have to admit that I'm not sure if I'm ready for that cuppa just yet.

It feels like a mild panic....like I've just been told that guests are going to arrive in 10 minutes....but the house is a mess and I've just colored my hair and put hair-removing cream on my legs and bikini line! Not to mention the dirty laundry and dishes in the sink...where do I even start?

Can you come back tomorrow? I'm not ready! I'm not ready! I'm not ready!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Nope, not coming back tomorrow. Go ahead and take care of the bikini line, but then let me in and I'll help with the rest. You don't have to do it alone.

I love you, Katie.